The Art of Storytelling in the Digital Age
Julia Campbell, Social Media & Storytelling Strategist, Author and Speaker
The power of storytelling is undeniable and has not changed since humans began to communicate. However, the landscape in which to tell and to share stories certainly has. Digital technologies have fundamentally changed the way people discover, engage, and share information about the causes they care about. Social media platforms and innovative digital tools like augmented and virtual reality are disrupting traditional fundraising, with the potential to bring donors more deeply inside the work of organizations.
In this session, author and global authority on nonprofit digital storytelling Julia Campbell will walk you through the modern day secrets to nonprofit storytelling in the digital age, based on her bestselling book for nonprofits.
- Why digital storytelling is the best way to build relationships with donors and supporters;
- The 3 essential elements of nonprofit storytelling that persuades;
- How to create a system to collect and share the best stories about your work that will energize and inspire your donors;
- How to collect, craft, and share stories for maximum impact;
- Free and low-cost tools you can use to enhance your digital storytelling on a shoestring budget; and
- Real-world examples from small and mid-size nonprofits.
Participants will also get access to the Storytelling in the Digital Age Workbook, to begin collecting, crafting, and sharing stories for their organizations on digital channels.